HOW DO I…apply for new insurance cover?
Things to know before you start:
- The following information relates to insurance cover in Accumulate Plus. Benefits in the event of death or disability are different for our Defined Benefit divisions. Insurance cover is not available in Retirement Access.
- Any application for new cover will generally be subject to the insurer’s normal application and underwriting process. You may be asked to provide additional information about your health or undergo medical tests as part of this process. The insurer may accept or decline any application.
- There is no fee to apply for cover, but a monthly insurance premium will apply based on your new level of cover if accepted by the insurer.
- If you work in an occupation and/or industry that the insurer considers to be non-white collar, any application for new cover in Accumulate Plus will be declined. However, this criteria does not otherwise affect or reduce any cover you may have received automatically or that you applied for while in a white-collar occupation or industry.
- Complete our Insurance application form.