HOW DO I…open an Accumulate Plus super account for my spouse or partner?
Things to know before you start:
- The following information relates only to a member of our fund who wants to open an Accumulate Plus account for their spouse or partner.
- For the purposes of a spouse account, the applicant must be, in relation to the existing member, either:
- a person (whether of the same or opposite sex) who is legally married to you,
- a person (same or opposite sex) with whom you are in a relationship registered under a prescribed state/territory relationships register, or
- a person (same or opposite sex) who, although not legally married to you, lives with you on a genuine domestic basis in a relationship as a couple).
- All contributions made to a new account will be preserved under super laws in the applicant’s name.
Complete our Application for Accumulate Plus account form – there are sections that both the existing member and the spouse applicant will need to complete.
When completing details of the opening contribution, this must be a spouse contribution from the existing member, i.e. it can’t be a personal contribution from the spouse applicant or a transfer of super from either the existing member or the spouse applicant.
Once we receive and process your completed form, generally within a couple of days, we will send you a welcome kit, which will contain details of your new account.