Cookies are text files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. As you browse, cookies gather information about your use of that website. They are then sent back to the originating website each subsequent visit, providing a more enriched experience – the site learns your preferences as you browse. Some types of cookies also perform essential functions, enhancing site experience and functionality.
Main types of cookies
- Session cookies: Session cookies allow websites to track your movements from page to page and are used for a number of reasons, such as remembering items in a shopping cart. These cookies are typically removed from your browser when you close your Internet browser.
- Persistent cookies: Persistent cookies are stored on your computer or mobile device in between browser sessions. It allows the site to remember user information or settings across the site, or in some cases across different websites. Persistent cookies also enable targeted advertising.
- First and third party cookies: First party cookies are set by the website you’re browsing. Third party cookies come from other websites or servers (third parties), for functions such as advertising (pop-ups or banners) on the page you’re browsing.
- Necessary cookies: Necessary cookies are either session or persistent cookies, and can be delivered by a first or third party. These cookies perform functions like keeping your site visit secure and remembering you between pages, for example when you navigate from page to page in a secure online member account session. Access to certain parts of oursuperfund.com.au, including online member portals, is dependent on these types of cookies.
- Functional cookies: Functional cookies can be either session or persistent cookies, and can be delivered by a first or third party. Functional cookies remember information such as usernames or language settings and may allow the site to display important alerts. These cookies are not considered necessary and can be blocked by the user. Blocking these cookies may impact how the site functions.
- Tracking and social cookies: These cookies can be either session or persistent cookies and are delivered by a first or third party. These cookies are not essential for the function of the website but they may enhance a user’s experience by providing content that is relevant to you and your interests.
How to delete or block cookies
Commonwealth Bank Group Super uses a combination of the types of cookies listed above, depending on what part of our site(s) you are visiting and what functions you request of those sites. You can control how cookies are used on your computer or device by changing your browser settings.
Some of the cookies that we use are essential for protecting members’ financial and personal information.
If you decide to delete or block certain cookies, your experience on oursuperfund.com.au and other Commonwealth Bank Group Super websites may be limited or you may discover that some parts of the website will not work at all, especially where cookies are used for security and fraud detection functions.
Talk to us
For further information or if you have any concerns, please contact the Privacy Officer.